In this post, you will learn how to install a WordPress theme from the dashboard and we will also see how you can install it manually from a zip file.
Install Theme From the WordPress Dashboard
Installing themes from the dashboard is quite easy.
1. First, log in to your WordPress dashboard, then go to the Appearance > Themes section.
2. Click on the Add New to add new WordPress theme.
3. Now choose a theme or search for a theme, and then click on the Install button to install the theme and then click Activate to activate the theme.
Install WordPress Theme Manually From ZIP
1. Download the Theme ZIP file
First, download the theme ZIP file from WordPress.org or any other third-party sites. But, I highly recommend you not to use pirated themes to create your professional blog.
If you want to see the theme preview that you want to install, then hover your mouse in the theme and click on More Info and then click on the Preview.
2. Upload and Activate the Theme
After successfully download the theme ZIP file, login to your dashboard and got the Appearance > Themes > Add New.
Now click on the Upload Theme.
Choose the theme ZIP file then click the Install Now.
After installing the theme, click on the Activate to activate the theme.
The theme installation is completed. Now to see your website layout or design, click on the Visit Site.